All Greeters and Greeter destinations share the same core values.
- A Greeter is a volunteer, a friendly face for those visiting a city or destination.
- A Greeter welcomes an individual and may serve small groups of up to six people.
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge.
- A visitor is welcomed without any kind of discrimination.
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respect natural and man-made environments and bring both cultural and economical enrichment to the local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange, links between ordinary people in creating a better world.